Monday, November 9, 2009

Why

...are we all so obsessed with ourselves?

This probably is trite. That's okay. Welcome to my blog.

Every single Monday, someone in my precal class asks my teacher how her weekend was. The boy who asks is just a nice guy- everyone likes him, and he's probably just trying to be polite. But before my teacher can answer with her sometimes too detailed response, everyone tunes out.

And it's not like we're being obvious about it is the same. We just do little things. Pick up our pencils, "discreetly" check our phones, flip through our notebooks. No one is listening. No one even cares. And I think being inconspicuous is even worse, because the teacher probably notices and its even more offensive.

Why does everyone do that? I mean I do it too, but honestly? Is it just our generation that has absolutely zero attention span, combined with zero respect, or is it a general declination in giving-a-damn that's happening all over the world? Its kind of embarassing.

what is our generation even called? Generation Me, probably. If it isn't, it should be. Because, sorry if i'm offending anyone, but thats all we care about, for the most part. Is that just human nature? To put ourselves first, like a fight-or-flight like reflex? Or are we seriously just losing touch with humanity? I hope its the first.

We should work on that. I'll try harder. Tell me to ask you a question, and i'll do it. And i'll listen to your answer. And I'll remember it, because I really do care. Try Me.


-Kelly

No comments: