Sunday, July 26, 2009

Care

I always duck my head when I drive under those "Seven Feet Clearance" hangings in parking garages. Always.

And it's not like my car is over seven feet and if I don't duck, my head will get ripped off along with the roof. And it's not like I'm not aware that if I don't duck my head I'll still be okay. I'm not stupid. I'm just careful.

And I haven't always been this careful. But it's not only ducking my head that I'm careful about. It's everything. I make sure to close the garage door three times before I can go upstairs at night. And then when I wake up an hour later, I make sure it's closed again. Every single night. When I have to work in the morning, or even the afternoon, I make sure I leave myself enough time to get to work/school/social gathering/location early, even if I get pulled over at every single light and get a flat tire three times. And it's not even conscious, most of the time.

But it's more. I think twice before I speak to some people. I make sure I'm liked, always. If I'm not liked, I make sure that changes. I analyze, then over analyze, then overoveranalyze every single situation.

This is why I don't sleep. There's so much to worry about.

This is another one of those ridiculous posts. But whatever, I'll be funny tomorrow or something.

kaybye
Kelly

No comments: