Monday, August 17, 2009

frO'crew

I really, really did not want to go to camp this year. Kimberly and I complained all the drive there, and decided we would hate it before we even made our bunks.

I was wrong.

Once again, I underestimated just how much I love Camp Olympia. While at first I just signed up for O'Crew because thats what campers do when they turn 17, I am so glad I went. The work sucked at first. We moved water coolers every morning, inspected all the cabins, worked on the golf course, cleaned boats (actually cleaning, not "washing boats", for anyone who believed that lie for forever like I did), set up for nightly activities, and just did general maintenance on the camp. But day by day, as I got back into the Camp O spirit, I realized that O'Crew, for me, was more than just a prerequisite to being a junior counselor.

It was an apology. I'm completely aware of what a bad camper I was. I was disobediant, rude, and basically thought I owned the place- and they just put up with me. I owed camp such a big apology for how terrible i was, and a huge thank you for how fantastic it was in return. Camp Olympia is one of those places where it doesnt matter what you're doing, you still love it. So here's to the best camp everrr.

So thats that. I've been gone a while, even before I left. I'm finishing up e-school right now, which is so boring. But it would be fantastic if my mom would leave me alone about it, so I'm perservering through the terribleness.

I have so much Wadel to take care of right now. Two weeks away from my computer and everything hits the wall.

Kaybye. Sorry this is such a summary of my life.

Kelly

No comments: