Monday, August 31, 2009

Abbrevs

I'm totes loving that everyone can talk in abbrevs and its socially acceptable.

Well "socially acceptable" is kind of a loose term. When I said "obvi" at camp, I was told to never speak or breathe again. I guess "Acceptable in the company of fellow abbrev speakers, or when being ironic" is a better term.

Newspaper is proving to be so much more work than I thought, and we haven't even started our first offish issue yet. But it's good that we're practicing, because my first drafts read exactly like this blog. AKA completely impossible to follow, lacking in a point, and "leaves the reader with something to be desired." We made our press passes today though, i feel so legit.

So other than that, I'm pretty much enjoying school. I can already tell that English is going to require tons of work, but I knew that from the seniors last year. Every single senior I knew warned me not to take AP English 4. But I'll handle it, whatever. And APES would be boring but Allison is in it, so it's good. We haven't had a class since middle school.

Actually we have. But even though we've acknowledged that we had multimedia together freshmen year, and English together sophomore year, we're still acting like it's the hugest deal in the world.

Speaking of Allison, the homecoming drama has begun. Maybe I can steer clear of it this year. Well I pretty much did last year, but I'm hoping to steer so far clear that people forget I even go to West. That would be nice.

Time to return to college applications! WOW they suck.

pieces,
Kelly

No comments: