Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

I'm going to admit that I complained a lot about reading this play, but I actually love it.But really, AP English 4? We need to read Hamlet and Rosencrantz and Guildenstern and our book club books and The Aenid and Much Ado About Nothing? In one six weeks?

I really like Shakespeare. Every time the teacher announces we're reading a play I complain and roll my eyes like everyone else, but it's just an act. I actually understand Shakespeare. I wish we all still spoke like that.
"come come, you answer with an idle tongue"
"go go, you question with a wicked tongue."
Now, we'd just be like
"but really, why are you being so annoying?"
"why are you asking me such stupid questions?"

the art of words, spoken and written, has completely gone down the drain. as Guildenstern said, "Words, words, they're all we have to go on." Which I really agree with. And Guildenstern is just so...funny? Like that sounds weird that I really like Guildenstern, but I think he's just a funny little guy. And how Rosencrantz has absolutely no idea who really is is pretty funny too.

Don't you HATE when you have to use a word two times in a row? like right above this paragraph. I used a double "is". That's so frustrating because even though I feel like there is probably a much better way to phrase that sentence, and therefore avoid using double "is"s, I just really don't want to. And it probably gets the point across just as well. Probably.

kbye.
Kelly

No comments: