Tuesday, June 16, 2009

"Next Blog"

Thanks to my new grounding and damaged car, I have time on my hands. So I spent about an hour clicking "next blog" over and over and over again at the top of the page. So if I am a recent follower of your blog and you're creeped, sorry. If you're not creeped, then cool.

The world is so big. The portion of the blogs in English was minuscule- maybe about one every fifteen blogs was written in English, and only half of those were American. Maybe this is my way of breaking out of the metaphorical Plano Bubble, realizing that the whole world really doesn't consist of malls and Starbucks. There are about eight hundred gazillion other people in the world that lead entirely different lives than the ones my friends and I do here, and they're doing just fine.

That was a realization I should have come to a long time ago; Its not as if I've never left Plano. But its like when you drive past a school and see kids flooding out, and you realize that their existence is entirely different than yours but you're still connected in that ten seconds it takes to drive past them.

I almost feel like Andre, only less philosophical. I must be really tired.

kaybye
Kelly

No comments: