Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Cinquains

Kelly
AP US
Is Kicking My Butt. Ow
College is Overrated. Not.
John Scott

Blogging
Makes me Uncool
Beginners Poetry
Is for Juniors in High School, Too.
No Sleep

Francine
She is a Phone
She has Lips on her Back
She is a Homo-Phoneian
Text Me

Thats all the syllable counting for tonight.

here is a list of things i thought about today:
  1. why did i tell Evarts i have a blog? now he'll ask me about it.
  2. why does everyone think blogs are so weird? are they weird?
  3. why does Clark make us analyze things we've already read? which lead me to wonder if when an author writes a book, he is "effectively using rhetorical devises" on purpose.
  4. are there rhetorical devices in my blog? is someone analyzing me?
  5. why do we always get the weird sub in chemistry? here is a quote from my old pal "do not cuss. cussing is simply using a bad word to describe something which can be described in better terms. cussing just makes you sound stupider". i rest my case.
  6. boys are annoying.
  7. i should be embarrassed by the number of facebook videos i have left.
  8. i should wake up more than ten minutes before i need to leave my house in the morning so my hair doesnt happen like this again.
  9. i should care that my hair looks like this.
  10. misha says that curly haired people are more approachable. this is false. i am so not approachable, and neither is misha. good logic.
  11. Dave Petunia never fails to make me laugh. too bad she only exists once a year.
  12. i remember the reason why i quit french. madame isnt that nice.
  13. lists are hard to read.

i guess ill go finish MAKING A DBQ. what kind of project is that? not write a DBQ, but make one. so go find documents, and analyze them, and put them all together. and also make a rubric identical to the college board one but dont use the college board one.

useless.

-pieces

kelly

2 comments:

dave said...

#3- I ALWAYS WONDER ABOUT THIS!!! actually, I don't wonder. I know. We spend all this time analyzing rhetorical devices and symbolism and bullshit! Did Nathanial Hawthorne really like, pause in the middle of his book and say. Hmmm, in this scene hester and dimmesdale are being honest, so I'm going to put it in the forest because forest=nature and nature=truth/good. No! He just wrote, just like everyone else does, and we read all this crap into everything that the author didn't. Sorry. I guess I have stronger feelings about the subject than I thought.

Unknown said...

i would just like to say that i really really enjoyed reading that list of thoughts. especially because it delayed my studying for another 4 minutes, and i'm always searching for new things to do while i should be doing something productive.

2. yes, blogs are weird. we are weird.