Sunday, December 14, 2008

One Minute Writer

Share the story of how you got a scar (or any injury, even if a scar didn't result.)

when i was six, i lived in Tampa Florida. (go bucks.) Ironically enough, this story takes place at my Catholic pre-school. Do you remember those huge, foamy blocks everyone played with when they were little? they're also in every "pit" of every gymnastics gym in the world? at my school, those were the coolest things around. in this particular story, i was crawling on the floor (typical) to get one of those infamous blocks from under a bench, when someone called my name. with my typical gusto, i yanked my head up (under the bench), smacked it on the bottom of the bench, and bit through my lip. blood was everywhere. but at that moment, i dont really remember crying all that much. i just remember grabbing My Sheet (the equivilant of a blankie, only cheaper. also typical) and putting it over my lip, like i didnt want all the attention. and then i went and found a teacher and immediatly was driven to the hospital. i still dont really remember tears, i just remember that i was really scared that i'd have to get stitches. and i did, but i got a teddy bear out of it, so it was alright. now i have a really faint line underneath my lip. its pretty badass, to be completely honest.

and thats my one minute.

so today: i woke up at three AM, and walked around my house creeper style for a while. i always do that. its so annoying. my heads like "oh hey, good morning body, i hope you werent planning on actually sleeping tonight. or ever." and then after like half an hour i went back to sleep, finally. and then i woke up for Sunday school, where we made latkes. if you ever have to spend an extended amount of time around onions and potatoes and children, im sorry, and i can fully empathize with you. its enough to make anyone crazy.

and now, im "working on my english paper". im actually just listening to the Walkdown CD Josh made last night. yeah, sorry girls, i stole it. ill make you copies if you want.

which leads me to Walkdown, which was really fun. although Louis, you like sprinted down the runway, and i was in heals. youre welcome for not falling and making you look stupid. since no one in BBYO knows me, i dont think i'd have too much humiliation to suffer from.

alright, well im going to do homework.

later, gators.
-kfine

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha the pit was the best! except for every other second when you had pit in your eyes. But then micah told me to rub down and it would come out! Remember micah? i loved him. and nick. and your blog. it doesn't have to be profound and you don't have to have anything to say. it's funny and i like it :)