Saturday, December 27, 2008

So

...I remember not so long ago, less than a year, when I was an idealistic fifteen year old, so naive and all too confident in my driving abilities. when all my friends bought home their first tickets, I scoffed and rolled my eyes. please. I would never get pulled over.

FALSE. ladies and gentlemen, I, kelly fine, have officially been pulled over. and it was terrifying. although, the police officer was really, really nice. I mean, as nice as they come. almost as nice as the officer that let me and William ride in his suburban. almost.

and its funny, because i always imagined id start crying. which is strange, because i almost never cry about things in general. i brood, typically, but i generally get over it pretty fast. well, with the exception of this weekend, and even then I didn't wallow for long. but anyways, I didn't cry. I shook, like a lot, but I didn't cry. and i calmly called the people i was babysitting for to let them know I'd be late. that, really, is the main tragedy of today. I am never late. i hate being late. even when i think I'm going to be late, and mentally prepare myself, I'm always at least five minutes early. or ten. or fifteen. and I was eight minutes late to babysit. at least the couple i was babysitting for seems to get pulled over a lot, because they were suuupppeerrr nice about the whole thing.

so that's my thoughts on getting pulled over. i decided that unless i want to be in debt for the rest of my life, I need to stay out of Rex. (no, Allison, do not make a thatswhatshesaid) Rex is my car. my beautiful, yellow, tank of a car.

EDITOR'S NOTE:
i forgot about the discovery i made tonight. it isn't every day you meet America's Next Great Novelist, right? and i found her FIRST. her name is Nichole, and she is seven. and she wrote an inspiring piece called "The Unicorn Meets the Make Believe Animal". please note that there was no irony in this title. its about a unicorn, Sparkle, who meets a uniturtle (unicorn head, turtle body), and finds a lasting friendship. they journey to all sorts of places and experience adventures such as cloud eating, getting surrounded by dragons (and befriending them, of course), and being saved from the rain at the water park by woodland fairies. its the new Dr.Seuss, i swear.

alright, well i should probably face the music. feel free to call and offer me condolences (and transportation), i need them.

pieces,
kelly.

No comments: